- 150g EPIROS Goat Cheese, diced
- 250g baby spinach leaves
- 5 tbsp finely chopped dill
- A small bunch of rocket – the soft leaves only
- 1 barley rusk, crumbled into pieces (or several small rusks)
- 1 tbsp walnuts, coarsely chopped
- A little olive oil for the dressing
- FOR THE BAKED PEPPER PUREE:
- 100g EPIROS Goat Cheese in pieces
- 1 jar baked Florina red peppers
- ½ espresso cup of olive oil
- 1 large garlic clove
- 3 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- Salt & pepper
- A little oregano or thyme
- 3 tbsp walnuts
First, prepare the baked pepper purée: Cut the garlic clove into three and sauté it in olive oil in a non-stick pan till soft.
Drain the peppers and cut them into thick slices; put them in a food processor. Add the garlic with the oil it was sautéed in, the salt & pepper, balsamic vinegar, walnuts, oregano or thyme and EPIROS Goat Cheese and blend. Remove the purée into a glass bowl and refrigerate till needed.
Wash the spinach and rocket and dry. Cut the leaves using kitchen scissors or your fingers, into thick pieces. Place them into a salad bowl and add the dill.
Pour 6 tbsp of the pepper purée onto the salad and add the diced Goat Cheese, rusks and chopped walnuts. Dress with olive oil and serve immediately.
Tip: The baked pepper purée can be refrigerated for up to 2 weeks. The quantity made from this recipe is enough for 4 large salads; you can also use the purée to spread on brown bread making sandwiches with EPIROS Goat Cheese and lettuce.