- 100g EPIROS GOAT CHEESE
- 1½ cup risotto rice (Carolina, Arborio etc)
- 1 espresso cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 aubergine, cut into cubes
- 2 Moderate-sized carrots, cubed
- 2 tomatoes, coarsely grated
- 1 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 1 small bouquet of mint, finely chopped
- 1 wine glass dry white wine
- Salt, freshly ground pepper
Cube the aubergine and place it in a sieve. Salt abundantly and leave them for 15 minutes. Rinse them very well and squeeze the excess water out of them with your hand.
Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the aubergine until soft. Add the garlic and onion and keep sautéing a further 2 minutes. Add the carrot, stir lightly and after a few minutes add the tomato, half the parsley and mint and the salt & pepper. When the sauce boils, lower the heat and let it simmer until the vegetables are soft.
Turn up the heat, add the wine and 1 ½ glass of boiling water. As soon as it bubbles, add the rice – that you have rinsed and strained – and cook until the rice is ready and there is a little liquid left.
Remove from the stovetop and let it sit until the liquid is fully absorbed. Add the remaining parsley and mint and stir.
Grate the EPIRUS GOAT CHEESE coarsely. Serve the rice warm in plates sprinkled with 2-3 tbsp of cheese and finely chopped mint.
Tip: Before removing the pan from the stovetop, try the rice. If it’s still a little hard you may need to add some more boiling water.