- 150-200g EPIROS GOAT CHEESE coarsely grated
- 1 packet of penne
- A little olive oil for the pasta
- 1 espresso cup olive oil
- 1 aubergine, diced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, mashed
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 250g mushrooms, sliced
- 5 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 large, ripe tomato, grated
- 1 bouquet fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Some basil, finely chopped
- 2 bay leaves
- Salt, pepper
Cook the pasta in 5 lt of water, following the instruction on the pack.
Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion with the aubergine and the garlic for 2 minutes. Add the green pepper, carrot and mushrooms and cook for a few more minutes.
Add the fresh and the sun-dried tomatoes, the basil, half the parsley, the bay leaves, salt & pepper, the sugar and little bit of water, and when it boils, lower the heat and simmer until it thickens. Remove the bay leaves.
Strain the pasta and drizzle with olive oil. Stir and serve on the plates, adding sauce and freshly ground pepper.
Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and the grated GOAT CHEESE.
Try the same sauce on rice on any other type of pasta; it tastes equally good!