- 1 cup Epiros Feta or Light Feta, crumbled
- 4 tbsp Epiros Kefalograviera, grated
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup yogurt
- 1 cup + 2 tbsp flour
- 1 sachet baking powder
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 green pepper, diced ,5-6 sun-dried tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp mint, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp dill, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper, freshly ground
Pre-heat the oven to 180°C. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick pan and sauté the green pepper. Gently beat the eggs with the vegetable oil and yogurt in a food processor or with a hand-held mixer. When the mixture becomes homogenous, add the flour and baking powder and continue beating. Stop the mixer and add the grated Epiros Kefalograviera and Feta, the sautéed pepper, tomatoes, herbs and seasoning. Stir it all in and empty the mixture into a greased and floured cake tin (10 x 25cm). Bake for approx. 40-50 minutes, without opening the oven. Serve hot or warm.
This cake may be used for hors d’oeuvres: slice the cake and then cut each slice in four. Secure a small roll of ham and a pitted green olive on each piece with a toothpick.