- 125g EPIROS Butter
- 125g icing sugar
- 125g blanched or powdered almonds
- 3 eggs
- 80g flour
- 50g lemon juice
- 1 lemon zest, grated
Place the almonds in a food processor and gzest to a fine powder.Mix the EPIROS Butter (remove it from the fridge ½ hour prior to using) in a bowl with the icing sugar. Add the powdered almonds and stir in the eggs, one at a time, and the lemon juice. Finally, add the flour and the grated lemon zest, stirring with a spoon.Empty the mixture into a 22cm round cake tin with a removable base. Place it in the refrigerator for 2 hours to set. Then bake in a pre-heated oven at 170˚C for 45 minutes.
- The lemon pie can be served with whipped cream (35% fat)
- You can also add the peel of 1 orange (grated) to the lemon zest.
- You can also add 100-120g coarsely chopped almonds
- After baking you can spray the lemon pie with a little Italian limoncello